Sunday, February 21, 2010

The last of the Maya readings

I've read four books since yesterday. I finished McKillop's Ancient Maya, I've looked at the lavishly illustrated The artifacts of Tikal by H. Moholy-Nagy. In this book I discovered that some small figures are nicknamed Charlie Chaplins. I also read Maya sculpture by M.G. Robertson. I was interested to read An album of Maya architecture by Tatiana Proskouriakoff, since Proskouriakoff made one of the important discoveries in deciphering some of the writing on Maya steles. I also read Maya political science by Prudence Rice. The only book left to read is The classic Maya, by Houston and Inomata, which as its title indicates, only focuses on a single period in Maya history. I will then have run out of books to read and will have to go to the library, which only opens at 11 am this morning! I shall have to find other things to occupy myself...Last night, I read The Book of Lists before falling asleep...

No comments: