Monday, April 16, 2007

Trollope, several books

If you are a regular reader of this blog, then you know that I am gorging on Trollope. Since my last post, I have read Belton Estate, Claverings, Small House at Allington, Marion Fay, Rachel Ray, and Lady Anna. I am in the middle of Castle Richmond. Trollope at his best certainly knows how to catch a reader, and put on an exciting plot. I particularly enjoyed Lady Anna in this respect. Marion Fay is an anguished tribute to the siblings and nephews that Trollope lost to tuberculosis. Belton Estate's plot has those sudden turns in plot that remind me that Trollope was first and foremost a serial writer. I enjoyed most of it. The Claverings is supposed to be up there with the Barchester series and the Palliser series, but I did not enjoyed this book as much as the others. In any event, I have twelve books left to read before a business trip in a week, I ought to be able to finish it all off.

No comments: