Friday, February 29, 2008

last Popper book, Alan Greenspan's memoir, half a dozen military books

Karl Popper's last book is a collection of short pieces published in German now translated. There is nothing here that is particularly new, but I ploughed through it so I could say I've read his complete works. I also read Alan Greenspan's memoir. The first 250 pages whizzed by, but when he started in on his long list of opinions on matters economic, apart from China, I was bored. He doesn't even discuss deciding to retire and his comments on the Bush admin are very limited, for all the press they got. I also read the complete works of Saint John Perse. I don't usually read poetry, but this time it was an exception -- he certainly was a learned poet, I couldn't figure half his vocabulary. Also, he writes either in paragraphs or in really long verses. I didn't get why he was so important, but then I hit a few more simple poems, and the power of his voice hit me over the head.

For professional reasons, I read Strategic Theory for the 21st Century, by Harry R. Yargar, along with several other monographs. These are in preparation for writing my own next monograph.

No comments: