Saturday, December 19, 2009

Wylie, Wilde, Boll, London, Symons, Carlyle, Seton, Woolf

Since my last post I've read an issue of The Economist, The National Enquirer, The New Scientist, The New Yorker, and The Globe, two issues of OK Magazine, and three issues of Eclectic Reading.

I've also read Carlyle by Louis Cazamian, Carlyle by John Nichol, two catty volumes of Virginia Woolf's journal, although her depression must account for some of the comments; Elinor Wylie by Thomas A. Gray, which made me wonder why the biographer bothered if she was considered second-rate; Ernest Thompson Seton by Magdalene Redekop, about a Canadian writer I've never heard of; Mme du Châtelet by Esther Ehrman, a woman scientist; Heinrich Böll by Robert C. Conard; Oscar Wilde by Heasketh Pearson, which proved witty; Arthur Symons by Karl Beckson; and Jack London by Robert Baltrop.

No comments: