Tuesday, May 18, 2010

C.K. Prahalad, Berlin

I've read two books by C.K. Prahalad. The first is interesting, Fortune at the Base of the Pyramid, about the economic potential of the poorest people. It certainly stands commercial ideas on their heads. The second was just an application of cooperative instead of competitive strategy, Future of Competition. Here I mostly noticed Prahalad's predilection for creating acronyms at the drop of a hat. I also read Willets' The Pinch, a fairly obvious book about the problem of baby-boomers mortgaging the future of their children with their government-funded entitlements. I had thought of that a long time ago, I imagine others had too. I read Isaiah Berlin's essays on Vico and Herder, ahead of reading Vico himself. I just started Vico's essay on knowledge.

No comments: