Sunday, May 23, 2010

Prahalad, NDaye, Ahamed

Since my last post I've read an issue of The New Scientist, an issue of The New Yorker, an issue of The Economist and an issue of OK Magazine, along with three issues of Eclectic Reading.

I also read US-Mexico Military Relations, by G. Turbinville, Marie NDaye's Trois femmes puissantes, and C.K. Prahalad's New Era of Innovation. I saw Prahalad's book was actually just about how the market is now saturating so much that industry has to retool to suit a much finickier marketplace. NDaye's novel didn't capture me until the third part, about Khady Demba, and what the cover said about it was true: it captures in great detail and veracity every sensation of an impoverished woman whose life and health deteriorates quickly during a period of lawlessness in her country. I learned something of history in Turbinville's monograph. In any event, I'm onto Lords of Finance, by Liaquat Ahamed, about the central bankers in the 30's, and it is very interesting.

No comments: