Saturday, May 23, 2009

Garcia Lorca, the last of Nabokov, Metacognition

Since my last post, I've read the works of Garcia Lorca, whose revolutionary play Sans titre I thought was really interesting, although more as writing than as theatre. I found his sad story more captivating than much of his writing -- he was shot, along with hundreds of other village inhabitants, during the dark days of the Spanish civil war. Which reminds me, I should read about that. I've also finished the novels of Nabokov. It seems my favorite will be Sebastian Knight, as I was not captivated by Ada, although Look at the Harlequins I thought was rather good. Finally, I started to read the first of about twenty books on metacognition, for professional reasons. I just read, you guessed it, Metacognition, a collection of essays edited by Metcalfe and Shimamura. It didn't contain much that was useful for me in terms of improving my metacognitive strategic exercises, but who knows? The reading may stimulate my thinking, at least.

No comments: