Sunday, May 3, 2009

Mags, Simmermann, Posner, Naftali, Sauter, Croning, Sheehan, Moghaddam, Corum, Sheehan, Michaud, Nabokov

Since my last post, I have read two issues of The Economist, an issue of Airpower in French and one in English, and one issue of The New Yorker. I have also read a stack of books for professional reasons. These are: How States Fight Terrorism, by Doron Zimmermann and Andreas Wenger; Countering Terrorism by Richard Posner; Dick Couch's Chosen Soldier; Homeland Security by Mark Sauter and James Carafano; Blind Spot by T. J. Naftali; Attacking Terrorism by Cronin and Ludes; When Terrorism and Counterterrorism clash by I.S. Sheehan; Understanding Terrorism by F. M Moghaddam and A. J. Marsella; Fighting the War on Terror by James Corum; The Roots of Terrorism by Louise Richardson; and M.A. Sheehan's Crush the Cell. There are two or three titles missing, gifts from my partner that I've now donated to the university library without taking down the titles. I have also read Brand's Traitor to His Class, a biography of Franklin Roosevelt which contradicts some previous biographies I've read; Claude Michaud's Stratégie et sociologie de l'entreprise, an excellent book full of insights such as I haven't read in a good long time; and now I'm reading the Cambridge Companion to Nabokov, in preparation for reading his complete works.

No comments: