Thursday, June 11, 2009

Garcia Marquez, Sales, Stern

Since my last post, I've read an issue of The New Yorker, an issue of OK Magazine, an issue of Hello!Canada, and two issues of eclectic reading.

I finished the Garcia Marquez on Bolivar, which was excellent. I also finished reading the complete works of Saint Francois de Sales. These three books of spirituality and/or theology were excellent. Although 500 years old, I found them to be relevant. It was an easy read, in part because the editors had modernized the spelling of some of the more difficult words. I also read Remy Stern's But Wait..There's More, a book about the infomercial industry, including a long profile of Ron Popeil. It was actually fascinating -- I was shocked at how successful these businesses are. A spanking, fascinating good read.

No comments: