Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Marquez, Altshuler, Gulland

Since my last post, I read an issue of OK magazine.

I also read a wonderful book about landmark art exhibitions, From Salon to Biennale. It contains reproductions of works of art, parts of the catalogue and some contemporary reactions, like the art teacher who wrote to the mother of the only woman Impressionist telling her her daughter aught to burn her paintings. I also read Country for Children by Marquez, a wonderful book of photographs about Columbia. I also read two of four historical novels by Sandra Gulland, one about, of course, Louise de la Valliere, and the first of a trilogy about Josephine de Beauharnais. I suppose I'm the worst sort of reader for historical novels, I've read the source material and I'm correcting the French and Italian mistakes.

No comments: